Why every telecom company needs revenue assurance?
Revenue assurance is growing business and telecom company is primary object for this kind of service. But why, telco desperately need good Revenue Assurance management? Here is the reason:
1. Increasing number of revenue leakage
“…The annual study, conducted by Analysys and paid for by revenue assurance provider Subex Azure, found that average revenue leakage increased from 12.1% to 13.6% of turnover from the 2006 to 2007 surveys…”
The sources of this problem are:
• Poor processes and procedures
• Poor systems integration
• Applying new products and prices
• Invoicing system errors
• Rating or prepaid charging failure
• Incomplete or incorrect usage data
• Interconnect and partner payment errors
2. Smart consumer will ask for billing accuracy
“…As European operators began investigating their billing accuracy, they found two surprises. The first was that their billing was grossly inaccurate. The second was that the inaccuracies were actually in consumers’ favor. Service providers found that they were consistently under-billing…”
3. Tight never ending competition
High churn rate in consumer loyalty, which come from tight competition is primary problem why every telco need good revenue assurance management.
Any other opinion?