The new AVG Free 8.0 is compatible with most Windows versions, including here Windows 2000, Windows XP/x64 Edition and Windows Vista/x64 Edition. Moreover, the application is available in a large set of languages including English, Dutch, French, German, Hungarian, Italian, Polish, Serbian and Spanish. Here are the main functions of the application, as published by Grisoft on the official page of the newly-released program:
- Anti-Virus: protection against viruses, worms and trojans
- Anti-Spyware: protection against spyware, adware and identity-theft
- Anti-Rootkit: protection against hidden threats (rootkits)
- Web Shield & LinkScanner: protection against malicious websites
Lavasoft Ad-Aware Free 2008 ferrets out harmful Trojans, rootkits and other spyware, along with privacy concerns such as tracking cookies, that may have wormed their way onto your PC. Ad-Aware Free helpfully separates scan results into critical objects that everyone will want to remove, such as Trojans and other harmful spyware, and privacy objects such as tracking cookies or document history that some people might not worry about. You can remove all discovered objects at once or individually.
License Type: Free
Date Added: May 27, 2008
Operating Systems: Windows 2000, Windows XP, Windows Vista
File Size: 18705 KB
TrueCrypt is a software application used for on-the-fly encryption. It can create a virtual encrypted disk in a file (container), which can be mounted as if it were a real disk. TrueCrypt also supports device-hosted volumes, which can be created on either an individual partition or an entire disk. As of version 5.0, it can encrypt the Windows boot partition or entire boot drive. It is distributed under the TrueCrypt Collective License. TrueCrypt is available for Microsoft Windows, Mac OS X, and Linux.
Size: 3062 KB
License Type: Free
The advantage of the ZoneAlarm firewall over the built-in Vista firewall is that ZoneAlarm will only allow those programs you specifically ok to access the Internet. Microsoft's Vista firewall does allow this kind of outbound filtering, but the feature disabled by default. Not only that, it's hidden and buried - you can't even get to it through the normal Windows Firewall interface.
ZoneAlarm's free firewall, by contrast, will display a pop-up if a new program attempts to access the Internet. That program will be blocked until you allow it. I installed ZoneAlarm's app on my Vista laptop, and it went smoothly for the most part. After double-clicking the 18MB download, I was prompted to shut down the Cisco VPN service. But after a couple of reboots - I had to reboot twice before my wireless connection re-activated - I was able to establish a VPN connection without any trouble.
Download latest password application, Password Builder for Apple Mac Os. It can build strong random passwords up to 40 characters. It has four types of passwords to cover all flavors. After chosen you password, copy it to the clipboard or paste it in Mac OS X TextEdit for saving. The simple way to build your passwords.
- Automatic: generates passwords up to 40 characters using low case, upper case, numbers and special characters. It’s possible to omit the special characters and ambiguous ones.
- Semi-Auto: This will generate a password based on a word chosen by the user, strengthened by the Password Builder to give it more security.
- Preset: For those who want a quick password without fiddling with things. The user has two choices: Low Security Password and High Security Password.
- Phonemic: A simple password is generated for an every day use. The word created will have no meaning, but it will be easy to remember.
Download latest free antivirus for Apple Mac Os. Free GUI front end to the ClamAV opensource virus checker. Update the virus definitions, point it to a file or folder and scan. Other features include logging results to a file, placing infected files into quarantine, monitoring folders for changes to their contents, and a Finder Contextual Menu Item.
What’s New in this Version
- Fixed issue with ClamAV engine 0.88.6 which prevented use on some OS X 10.3 systems.
- Fixed issue where context menu or drag/drop wouldn’t initiate a scan if ClamXav is not already running and is set to auto update virus definitions at launch.
- Added Chinese localisation.
A semi-automated, largely passive web application security audit tool, optimized for an accurate and sensitive detection, and automatic annotation, of potential problems and security-relevant design patterns based on the observation of existing, user-initiated traffic in complex web 2.0 environments.
Detects and prioritizes broad classes of security problems, such as dynamic cross-site trust model considerations, script inclusion issues, content serving problems, insufficient XSRF and XSS defenses, and much more.
Ratproxy is currently believed to support Linux, FreeBSD, MacOS X, and Windows (Cygwin) environments.
PCMAV 1.4 or PC Media Antivirus 1.4 is one of popular antivirus built by PC Media Magazine, an Indonesian based Security/Antivirus Magazine. This popular antivirus is effectively used for Indonesian origin virus such as Aniee.J, Cyrax-Tutor, Kalong.vbs.E Kalong.vbs.E.inf, Robert. Latest release 23 June 2008
1. Spice Works 2.1
Centralized management tools, good ticketing system, used by 250,000 IT pros in 194 countries. Spiceworks has the IT features you need every day:
- Automatic PC and software inventory and IT asset reporting to simplify your job.
- Network monitoring and troubleshooting to keep things running smoothly.
- PCMagazine Editor Choice May 4, 2007
2. f2w Help desk Software
It's a helpdesk support system based on requests (some people call them tickets), with a simple web interface. Requests can be classified into categories and assigned a priority. Categories are associated with specific well-defined problem areas, and f2w helpdesk provides a way to maintain an expert knowledge base of problems and solutions based on request categories.
1. During an implementation review of a multiuser distributed application, the IS auditor finds minor weaknesses in three areas-the initial setting of parameters is improperly installed, weak passwords are being used and some vital reports are not being checked properly. While preparing the audit report, the IS auditor should:
A. record the observations separately with the impact of each of them marked against each respective finding.
B. advise the manager of probable risks without recording the observations, as the control weaknesses are minor ones.
C. record the observations and the risk arising from the collective weaknesses.
D. apprise the departmental heads concerned with each observation and properly document it in the report.
Individually the weaknesses are minor; however, together they have the potential to substantially weaken the overall control structure. Choices A and D reflect a failure on the part of the IS auditor to recognize the combined affect of the control weakness. Advising the local manager without reporting the facts and observations would conceal the findings from other stakeholders.
2. During a security audit of IT processes, an IS auditor found that there were no documented security procedures. The IS auditor should:
A. create the procedures document.
B. terminate the audit.
C. conduct compliance testing.
D. identify and evaluate existing practices.
One of the main objectives of an audit is to identify potential risks; therefore, the most proactive approach would be to identify and evaluate the existing security practices being followed by the organization. An IS auditor should not prepare documentation, and if they did, their independence could be jeopardized. Terminating the audit may prevent achieving one of the basic audit objectives, i.e., identification of potential risks. Since there are no documented procedures, there is no basis against which to test compliance.