Continuous effective training, a significant factor in increasing the productivity of an IT team by 10% or more
In a recent study by IDC (commissioned by Symantec), continuous effective training was identified as a significant factor in increasing the productivity of an IT team by 10% or more.
Satisfied and motivated employees are productive employees, willing to go the extra mile in sharing the risk and reward of investment. As our research found, those with fewer opportunities to continue their skills development are more likely to leave their position, even at a pay cut. Perhaps it’s time to revisit your tuition reimbursement program to include IT training from a trusted vendor.
Consider that replacement of skilled staff is an expensive and time-consuming process. The American Society of Training and Development (ASTD) estimates that the full cost to replace a professional is 150% of the annual salary. With an average IT salary of about $74,000, the investment necessary is $110,000. These costs include recruiting, vacancy costs, productivity losses, and training.
Do you know that recently it was reported by some research that claims over 10,000 laptops are lost or stolen every WEEK at US airports. So here are simple six loss prevention tips for laptop during travelling.
Preventive Control Method
1. Place your laptop in the first bin you put on the belt of the X-ray machine. You should put your laptop bag in front of it./
Put the bin with your shoes, belt, purse, wallet, etc. right behind your laptop. And your carry-on bag last. The first thing you should do on the other side is put your laptop in its bag before the other luggage crashes into it and dumps it on the floor. Your other stuff separates it from the person behind you and in front of you.
2. Mark your laptop! Put a sticker on it. I know people hate to do this. But you should identify your laptop in such a way that you can quickly identify it.
There are lots of Dell computers our there. I have almost picked up the wrong laptop on many occasions. DO NOT TAPE YOUR BUSINESS CARD TO YOUR LAPTOP. Do not become a target by letting potential laptop thieves know just how valuable your laptop may be. My favorite marker for my Dell Latitude is the white Apple sticker I got with my iPod.
3. If you lose your laptop contact the TSA immediately.
Call the airport. Take action. I bet in 99% of the cases you can get it back.
Protective Control Method:
4. Protect your information If you keep a lot of personal or financial information on your computer
Also have the tools to protect your information through
Are you running your IT Departement and need the slogan for IT Security awareness? here is some list you can choose
1. "Security is not complete without U"
2. "Think security first"
3. "Stay secured. Stay assured"
4. "A false sense of security is worse than being unsure"
5. "Locks only keep honest people honest"
6. "Don't share your password"
If you wouldnt give away the keys to your car, why give away the keys to your computer
7. "How Secure Is Your Password?"
Passwords must not be written down. Must change their regularly. Must be complex (characters, number, special character)
8. "Always remember your password"
9. "Everyone's commitment keeps security at the top"
Any other suggestion?