Manchester Airport Security Tips and Procedures
Have you ever travel to Manchester recently, notice something new in the airport, here is the latest security update from Manchester Airport, do you have any opinion?
Manchester Airport have lifted the 1 bag per passenger rule - more info
Passengers will be allowed to take liquids, gels and pastes of 100mls or less in their hand baggage. These items must be contained within a small, re-sealable plastic wallet, which will have to be removed from their hand baggage and x-rayed separately.
- Water and other drinks, soups, syrups
- Creams, lotions and oils
- Gels, including hair and shower gels
- Contents of pressurised containers, including shaving foam, other foams and deodorants
- Pastes, including toothpaste
- Liquid-solid mixtures
- Any other item of a similar consistency
- The new rules stipulate that the plastic wallet must not exceed one litre capacity per passenger - that’s around half the size of a standard A4 piece of paper and it must be sealable. The wallet can contain two or more items of less than 100mls each but must not be cluttered to allow security officers to carry out thorough checks.
Large electrical items / Laptops
Laptops and other complex items of electrical equipment have to be removed from hand luggage and screened separately.
Detail at Manchester Airport