Five tips desktop security audit checklist
This essential tips should be check first before doing in depth desktop security assessment. Here is the key control:
1. Policy & Procedure
• Have desktop security policies and procedures been written?
• Do personnel aware to the policies and procedures?
• Are they kept up-to-date?
2. Periodic review
• Determine whether periodic review for each desktop or laptop configuration?
3. Asset Tracking
• Determine if devices are permanently tagged with a unique identification number or if the vendor serial number is tracked in the hardware listing.
• Assess the adequacy of the procedures used to track personal computing hardware.
4. Anti-virus Software
• Determine whether virus scanning software is functional on all personal computing devices that interact with the Company's WAN or with networks at customers, business partners, or suppliers.
• Determine procedures exist for keeping the virus signature files reasonably current. From a sample of personal computing devices, determine whether virus scanning software is functional and current. "
5. Non-standard Software
•Determine if non-business software such as games is installed on personal computing devices at the site.