Data Center MigrationProcedure
Do you have any plan to migrate your data center? Here is sample of data center migration procedure you can use for compliance. This checklist could be combined with other approach such as Business Continuity Plan or Disaster Recovery Plan in Data Center Operation. Here is the list
1. Develop implementation Plan
The implementation plan should address the following areas:
1. Project Plan
2. Application and User Testing Plan/ Testing Results Approval
3. User Training
4. Data Conversion Plan
5. “Go/No-Go” Decision (Go Live Criteria)
6. Deployment Strategy (Rollout Strategy)
7. Back Out & Contingency Plan
8. User Support
9. Monitoring and Maintenance
10. Post Implementation Review
Completion, success criteria, and/or standards for testing should be established prior to implementation for each area
2. Develop Testing Strategy
1. Ensure testing strategy includes tools and methods used to check that the system responds correctly, determines how and when the test will be performed and recommends how the approval process should occur.
2. Ensure Security is tested in a “near production” environment. All testing should be performed in a secure and segregated environment.
3. Ensure testing strategy is documented and approved by project management
4. Testing should be designed to prevent or detect errors in the application, database, and interfaces.
5. Test scenarios should be developed to exercise all paths of logic and business conditions.
3. Train personnel who will be affected by the new system implementation
Staff of the affected user departments and the operations group within IT should be trained in accordance with the defined training plan and associated materials.
1. Training is offered and developed by “qualified” instructors
2. Training is commensurate with the complexity of the system
3. Training can be conducted through workshops or via web based learning programs
4. Ensure trainees are assessed for proficiency once training is complete
5. Trainees sign-off once training is complete
6. Trainees should be provided with appropriate documentation